5.16.2017

The Adventures of Caroline and the Mouse | Animal Kingdom


After spending the majority of the day at the Magic Kingdom, we headed to the Animal Kingdom. I love the zoo and animals, so I was a little bit giddy about heading here. It was late in the day so we had high hopes that all of the animals would be out and we were not disappointed!


We headed straight for the Kilimanjaro Safaris! It was a "lets just get down to business" move and, luckily the line wasn't too long. Plus, it goes quickly because each vehicle holds a lot of people. I don't know if all of the guides are awesome, but we had a really great one. She knew a lot about all of the animals, she was witty, and she had just enough silly charm to keep us all entertained.

If you know me, you know my spirit animal is an elephant. I'm a little obsessed. I loved them before my trip to Cambodia with my sister, but after trekking through the jungle with them it became next level. So, you can imagine my excitement when we got to see a BABY ELEPHANT! Not to mention, the little tyke was trying to get over that rock and momma elephant gave it a little nudge with her truck. I almost cried. I'm not even kidding.

  

I know you can't see giraffes in this photo, but she was climbing over all of us depending on which side they were on and just loving them!

Caroline, because she is my daughter, loved the animals... but the girl FREAKED when the giraffes came around. As if they didn't want to disappoint, those sweet little giraffes really put on a show. They walked right across our path, causing us to stop to let them pass & they hung out close-by! Caroline could not get enough of it. The girl loves her some giraffes.



After the Safari, we walked around to check out some more animals. It was a great day!

As it was getting later in the day, we were all losing steam. Caroline's attitude was remaining positive strictly due to puffs and baby cookies. The adults were just putting on a happy face, but it was time to go back to the hotel! This was by far our longest day, but definitely had the most lasting memories.

Catching up? Here are some links for part one of our trip at Epcot and part two at Magic Kingdom!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink