5.25.2017

Happy 5th Anniversary to Us!


Much like a lot of military couples, our wedding anniversary was during a federal holiday. Although, it's technically tomorrow, I wanted to give a huge shout out to My Love!

It's been a whirlwind of adventure throughout these last 5 years and, if you follow my blog at all, you know that it's been a fun one, too! As cliche as it is, I married my best friend and I'm thrilled to do "life" with him!



When Mark came back from the most recent deployment, he told me that he wanted to get me something special - a thank you for raising Caroline in his absence - and suggested a ring upgrade. Before we got engaged, I remember a military spouse telling me, "Oh girl! Once you get married, make sure he upgrades you every 5 years," when I complimented her on her ring.

When I "finally" had my chance, I just couldn't imagine parting with my ring. The ring! Call me sappy and dumb (hello, bigger diamond), but I love that this is the diamond he chose, the band we chose together. I love it.



We've grown together as a couple in the majestic world of Japan (dramatic much?!), taken a sweet little puppy on some great adventures, and are learning to be parents as we speak. We may not be perfect, but it sure does feel like we're on the right path.



Happy 5 years to us and cheers to, like, 50,000 more!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink